Open staircases can be a focal point in the home. In most cases, they’re in the center of the home or visible from the front entry way. Painting stairs can add style to home design and modernize an already beautiful feature.
CALGARY, AB, November 18, 2019 /24-7PressRelease/ — “Sometimes painting the bannister and railings a crisp white, painting the risers or refinishing a hardwood staircase can do wonders for a home’s look and feel,” said Chris White of New Look Cabinets and Interiors. “There are plenty of options out there when it comes to painting stairs. A little online research will help with inspiration, and we can help with that too.”
Here are 10 Painted Stair Ideas:
1. Painted runner: Instead of installing a carpet runner on your stairs, save money with a painted runner instead. It will add a look of elegance and will never require vacuuming!
2. Paint the top of each stair: Painting the top of the stairs and leaving the rest neutral is a trendy way to rejuvenate your stairs. For a traditional look, stain the top of your wooden stairs and paint the risers white.
3. Paint the risers based on their surroundings: The colour and design of your stairs should blend well with the overall design of your home’s interior. This is where a professional painter can help.
4. Paint books on your stairs: This is a creative and unique way to make your stairs both a design feature and major talking point with guests! You can find several book-themed stairs online.
5. Paint the bannister: Sometimes you can leave your stairs as they are and just paint the bannister. White and neutral tones can brighten the space.
6. What about wallpaper? Some design-savvy homeowners choose to use wallpaper as part of their stairway renovation. Wallpaper on the risers can add depth, style and texture.
7. Painting stairs one bold colour: Using a dark colour when painting stairs can make a bold statement, but it is only recommended with open staircases. If you have wood stairs, consider stair refinishing with a dark wood stain.
8. Refinish hardwood stairs: As mentioned, stair refinishing is a great idea. You can adjust the shade of your wood floors or have them refinished with the original tone.
9. Use multiple colours: Using complementary colours, or multiple colours on the risers as you go up the stairs can give your home a lot of personality.
10. Consider pastel colours: If you aren’t a fan of white but want to keep things light, subtle pastels can add refreshment to the space. Soft pinks, cheerful yellow and cool mint are all good choices.
If you are looking for more ideas on painting stairs please Visit:
New Look Cabinets & Interiors is a Calgary painting company. They specialize in interior painting and stairs painting, as well as cabinet painting, cabinet refinishing and furniture refinishing. They offer superior workmanship, excellent customer service and are passionate about every project they work on. For more information, or for help with your next paint job, visit www.newlookcabinets.com.
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here