Illumitex’s FarmVisionAI provides remote visualization, AI analysis, and labor management alleviating COVID-19 driven operational constraints
AUSTIN, TX, April 23, 2020 /24-7PressRelease/ — Illumitex, the digital horticulture company, announces FarmVisionAI (FVAI) installations have doubled over the last month adding new greenhouse and indoor grow facilities. FarmVisionAI is a computer-vision artificial intelligence (AI) system that includes edge vision, edge AI, and cloud services and is an ideal remote visualization tool to help farmers manage and reduce COVID-19 risks while operating with reduced staff.
As the COVID-19 virus pandemic rapidly ramps the need for new protocols to ensure worker health and safety is suddenly changing traditional best practices for farming. To reduce the virus’ spread new procedures like handwashing, distancing, facility cleaning, equipment cleaning, and other protocols are required. Although farming is an essential business, staff levels may also be reduced due to quarantine or even fear creating a real challenge for operations.
FarmVisionAI helps farmers succeed despite difficult new COVID-19 constraints by providing the following services.
• Track labor so that your reduced staff can be focused on the most critical tasks
• Ensure mandatory operations are completed
• Stress reduction by giving you complete visibility of your valuable crops
• The ability to see every plant from anywhere at any time at high resolution
– Remotely scout your plants from your home
– Remote early detection of anomalies and problem areas
• Detect space utilization issues to maximize plant density
• Use visualization and historical imagery to virtually train new labor on specific details of your operation
• Enable external Agronomic consultants to provide expert advice without contact.
With the reality that COVID-19 will have long lasting impact on farm operations, illumitex’s FarmVisionAI collects real-time data that can be used to optimize and ensure your new COVID-19 specific protocols are effective and meaningfully improve worker safety. Some of these future functionalities include:
• Monitoring and alerting on physical distancing in the grow
• Altering on groups of people congregating
• Identifying high touch areas for sanitization
• Monitor proper use of protective gear
• Supportive imagery to validate compliance with COVID-19 protocols
We are looking for cutting edge farmers and growers to work closely with illumitex to develop and implement these COVID-19 targeted applications that can make a positive and meaningful difference to your business.
Illumitex’s FarmVisionAI can be deployed in any grow architecture from containers, to vertical, to warehouse, to greenhouse. FVAI can be installed by your own people, so your installation is not delayed by travel restrictions and you don’t need additional people in your facility. Easy installation, without the need for motors or tracks, and does not require the deployment of registration markers in the grow. Cameras are wireless and connect to our cloud through Illumitex deployed gateways and on-site server.
Illumitex is breaking the boundaries of digital transformation of indoor farming with hi-res cameras integrated with cloud-based horticulturist-curated artificial intelligence to deliver radically new value to growers and farmers. With more than a decade of experience in horticultural science, an absolute dedication to quality and performance, and knowledgeable support for the success of every customer, grow and crop – Illumitex, Inc. is the optimum partner for your greenhouse, vertical farm or any indoor grow initiative.
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here