Tips to prevent explosion and devices that contain these batteries.
PHILADELPHIA, PA, April 20, 2019 /24-7PressRelease/ — Lithium-ion batteries are a common type of rechargeable battery. Even though these batteries are used in many electronic devices, they can be destructive. A lithium-ion battery contains large amounts of energy within a small space. If the battery overheats, is used the wrong way, or if it’s defective it is prone to explode. These explosions can result in injuries and fires.
However, there are steps that can be taken to prevent these explosions from occurring.
1. Electronics should only be purchased if they the device has a label stating that it was tested by an independent test laboratory. The manufacturer’s instructions should be followed carefully.
2. Only batteries designed for a specific device should be used for that device. If you are unsure of what battery to use the manual or the manufacturer’s website usually contains this information.
3. Batteries should be inserted correctly. If batteries are placed into the device the wrong way, then batteries can become damaged and cause explosions.
4. Devices should be unplugged as soon as they are done charging. This prevents overheating which can potentially lead to explosions.
5. Devices should not be charged on flammable materials like beds, couches, or paper.
6. Batteries should not be stored in high temperatures or near sources of heat i.e. radiators and laptops.
7. Batteries should be kept away from water or anything that can cause the battery to become wet.
8. Batteries should be not be stored in the open where they can become damaged. Lithium ion batteries should be stored in cool, dry, secure placed away from flammable material and metal.
9. If you notice signs of deterioration or that the battery is overheating, leaking, or there is an odor. Turn the device off and move it to an area away from flammable material. Lithium ion batteries should never be placed in the trash.
10. Lithium-ion batteries are recyclable and should be taken to battery recycling locations. Batteries should be placed in a sealed metal container before recycling them.
Some devices to keep an eye on are as follows:
1. Digital Cameras
3. Some Watches
5. Video Cameras
First Choice Restoration’s highly trained fire cleanup and restoration team will take the needed professional approach to solving your water issues. To help restore your home and get back your peace of mind, call us now at 800.370.0770.
When disaster strikes, and you need water cleanup! Call First Choice Restoration! We are here for you!
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here